Friday, November 12

Can't believe it's been almost three weeks since Arizona.  So glad to come home but right back into the thick of things again.  Everything has been such a whirlwind around here.  I can hardly remember what has happened since we came home.  I do remember last Saturday.  Kristin and Patrick had a birthday party for Alexa's first birthday.  Her real birthday was on the 3rd (Wed) but that wasn't a good time to have a party.  We did get to babysit Alexa on her birthday but we kept the day low-key as far as we were concerned.  Saturday was a different story.  Kristin went all out for the party.  She invited all of the Lewis clan (Kathy and Jim weren't able to come), Patrick's mother, brother and wife, and sister, Jeannie and Susan with her boyfriend Roger, and two of Kristin's friends, Sara and Kristin.  Jeannie brought the main cake, which was very girly and I brought the smash cake, an owl.  She got lots of nice gifts including much needed 18-month size clothes.  A girl has to have a great wardrobe you know.  Alexa held up pretty good I must say for so much excitement and being up so late; Megan did too.  I think everyone had a great time; I know I did. 

Got to watch Alexa on Monday and Friday this week.  She's learning to walk further and further every week.  Megan came on Thursday this week and she is about ready to take off and walk.  She really never wants to sit down, so watch out when she figures out how to move those legs by herself.  I can see both girls running through the house very soon. 

So glad it's the weekend.  News said we're to get  our first snow tomorrow.  Great...I guess winter is finally upon us.  That's okay though; I have plenty of things to keep me busy inside the house tomorrow.  I'm so glad that on Wednesday I got to spend a couple of hours cleaning up the last of the garden and the yard; at least the part I'm going to clean up that is.  Hunk mowed the lawn one last time and took the snowblower in to get ready for snow.  Hopefully we won't need it this weekend. 

One of Dawn's softball mom's dropped off a deer lung for her class this evening  Apparently one of Dawn's students also brought in a set of lungs, heart and trachea of a deer that he had shot earlier in the week.  He said he hit the deer in the head instead of the lungs, in order to not mess the organs up.  Dawn said she "blew" into the trachea so the students could see the lungs expand...yech!!  I did touch the lung she got today.  Of course it was in a plastic bag.  It was soft and squishy and lightweight.  Not your regular cut of meat! 

Oh, I should mention we got to see Alexa and Megan on Halloween in their costumes.  What cuties they both  were.  Of course they didn't get to trick or treat really, but wait until next year. 

Now I remember why I couldn't remember the first couple of weeks of being home from Arizona...I had a cold.  I don't think I've a real cold in two years.  What a pain that was.  I'm feeling much better now but for about a week and a half I sure felt crummy, but that's all behind me now.  Looking forward to next week..another four-day work week for me. Yeah!!

Comments

  1. Love your blogs!! It's great to see you finally writing stuff down! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom It May Concern: Vacation Begins!!

We Made It !!

Kauffman Reunion Day Two