Arizona, Last Day

Monday:  Last day.  Woke up at 6 a.m. Arizona time, took shower and got dressed.  Hunk and Michael slept in.  Hunk was the next to get up.  The three of us went to breakfast at our favorite place and had the usual breakfast.  Michael needed to get to the airport around 8:30 for his standby flight home.  After dropping Michael off we decided to check out some stores at a local mall.  Had lunch at King's as Hunk wanted fish.  Very nice restaurant.  I had coconut shrimp and Hunk had cod (I think).  Mine was very tasty but Hunk wasn't too crazy about his food.  I ended up sharing a couple of my shrimp with him as they were so big and I couldn't eat them all.  After lunch we went to the airport (about 4 hours early), but we didn't know what else to do.  We had all ready checked out of our hotel.  Returned the rental car and then made our way back to the airport.  Checked out a couple of stores at the airport after checking in for the flight.  When we went through security I was worried about getting my barrel cactus through, but no one questioned me.  My bag was 6 pounds overweight, so had to do some luggage adjustment.  After going through security we decided to get some ice-cream from Cold Stone, and after that we went to our gate to wait for the plane.  By this time I was starting to feel the effects of too much vacation.  One is supposed to get relaxed after a vacation, but I only got wore out.  It seemed like we waited forever for the plane to show up.  We were early you know.  Plane finally came in but was a bit late.  I was so ready to go home.  The flight started out good.  Got our complimentary pop and peanuts and crackers.  I had the window, Hunk in the middle, and an older lady on the aisle.  Poor thing, she got updated about all of our children and our granddaughters.  It was a three-hour flight after all.  The last half of the fight was not fun.  We were coming down through some rain (no lightning or wind) but that was the bumpiest flight I think I have ever been on.  I kept getting the feeling like when you go over a hill in a car very fast and it feels like your stomach drops, plus the plane was shaking; not fun at all.  Made it safely to the ground though.  Kristin and Alexa were kind enough to pick us up at the airport even though it was about midnight and raining.  So glad to be home again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom It May Concern: Vacation Begins!!

We Made It !!

Kauffman Reunion Day Two